It’s all about XX!
We are looking for an energetic, fashion-conscious, inspirational BUYER (Women) to join our team. Are you passionate about fashion and trends? Are you keen on observing the market and spotting business opportunities? You are loving to deal with our global partners in the production countries? Then we are looking for you!
Who are we?
In 1986, Rattan Chadha took his men’s brand ‘Moustache’ and women’s brand ‘Emanuelle’ and joined them together. Take the first letter of each and add two kisses: Mexx was born.
The ultimate goal of Mexx is to create a casual, modern lifestyle for people who want to get the most out of life. Mexx translates this lifestyle into fashion for everyone – everyday fashion for real people. People who live life to its fullest and prefer being real to being perfect.
Mexx is an international, young and fast-moving organization with an informal family business culture and with the ambition to occupy a prominent place in the Dutch fashion market.
Who are we looking for?
As Buyer, you are responsible for the entire purchasing process through which you build the strong base for the Mexx brand. Together with the design department you decide on the right partners to develop our collections, conduct price negotiations and when purchasing contracts have been concluded, you supervise compliance and operation of the contracts. In case of impending stagnation you intervene adequately. You work closely with the design and order handling departments to ensure that processes run smoothly.
Some of your tasks
– Managing and optimizing the supplier portfolio
– Develop a long term buying strategy
– Maintaining close contacts with suppliers (international) and evolve the relationships and
– Making price agreements and conducting price negotiations;
– Finalizing purchase prices;
– Cost price calculations;
– Monitoring margins;
– Placing orders and monitoring delivery times with colleagues from the
order handling department;
– Analysis based on sales and results;
– Managing the inventory of hangtags and trims.
Education and experience requirements:
- Experience from a similar position as Buyer for at least 5-7 years;
- Ability to work independently, has a ‘hands-on’ mentality, is able to set priorities;
- Flexible, accurate, structured, responsible, results-oriented and can work well under pressure;
- Numerical insight and analytical skills that enable you to act as a sparring partner;
- Excellent (trend) knowledge of the fashion industry;
- Work as a true team player;
Mexx offers its employees exceptional working conditions in an international environment, a diverse and inclusive company culture, and an atmosphere that fosters professional growth. If you are interested in the fashion sector and challenges inspire your ambition, we would like to get to know you. Please send your CV with photo and motivation directly to HR@rofertrading.nl.